Spiders

So unlike my previous apartment in Savannah, my new one has a distinct lack of insects. Which overall is usually a good thing, right? I sort of have to assume that because I live on the third floor and it's upstate New York in the middle of winter that most of the insects are just dead and maybe I'll see a few bees or something as it warms up. I do, however, have a large population of quarter-sized spiders, and I can't quite figure out where they're coming from.

My first two altercations with the spiders occurred shortly after I moved in. It was mid-October and I figured it was just a fluke, plus I saw them both on the same day, and squished them both mercilessly with my shoe. My next spider run in was only a few weeks ago and was far more heinous. He was on my wall, behind my desk, to the left of my computer, but when I went to grab something to smack him with, he bolted. There is nothing quite as frightening in this world as a fast spider. He appeared again maybe an hour later, skittering across my desk - and again I missed the chance to end his miserable existence. I did ultimately find him.. in my bed. Curling up to bed in my white sheets I turned to my side and noticed a dark black spot. Instantly I knew it was my nemesis. This time, he didn't stand a chance and was swiftly smushed and flushed.

I hadn't run into any others recently despite having thoroughly scoured my apartment with bleach and dusting spray, annihilating any dirt I came to and disrupting a few webs along the way. I was lulled into a false sense of security. For 'lo and behold as I went to turn on the lamp in my bedroom tonight I ran across this sucker..

I'm not sure the photo captures it right but he's clear (or.. was) and extremely vile. Where are all these demon spawn getting into my apartment from?


0 comments:

Post a Comment