The Loves of My Life

It may strike you as strange to think that some people have accused me of being less than forthcoming about my feelings and emotions. I mean, who could say that about someone as friendly and exuberant as myself? Nonetheless, whether you know it or not, there are a few things I hold truly dear to my heart. Things I lean on every day, that make me smile at the mere mention of them, that give me butterflies in my stomach and a heady rush at the thought of holding them near.
I am, of course, speaking of caffeine and the plethora of sugared goodness this vast planet of ours has to offer. Starbucks coffee/tea and a scone is how I start my day every morning, they've been with me through the good times and the bad. Through the hard nights at work on finals and the long hours in the office they've kept me going, constantly propelling me to greatness. But alas, something tragic has occurred in the world of Jess. For you see, this past week, I decided to give them up. Though my love for them still burns inside me like the Olympic torch, their absence from me is beginning to cause physical trauma. The first few days brought on not only a deep aching in my chest, but also in my head (why must I miss you so, caffeine?) and for the first time today the vacancy felt from sugar's departure was palpable. Add to this the late nights and early mornings I've had this past week and its plain to see I'm struggling with their loss. I yearn for the day that we shall be reunited, star crossed lovers once again held in a warm sugary embrace. Until then, my friends, please excuse me if I begin to wail abruptly or if the gnashing of teeth emanating forth from me is overwhelming. I am, after all, in mourning.

1 comments:

YarnKettle said...

See you did need a hug today! A caffeine hug. Be ready for that first sugar rush when you do get your loves back. A scorned lover is not the most forgiving thing. They will be all sweet then bam you're on the floor wondering what happened.

Post a Comment