Geekdom Reigns

Being a self-proclaimed nerd, fan of all things Diggworthy, and an avid gamer it's not difficult to see why products aimed at technophiles like myself appeal to me. Over the past few years I've stumbled across some fantastic DIY and/or hand-made shrines to the geekdom so dear to my heart.
More recently I ran across a few handmade tidbits from Etsy that made me smile. The first is a Pacman inspired set of rings:

In general I'm a fan of the multi-finger ring trend. Nothing says 'Awesome' quite as perfectly as the word spelled out across your hand and who doesn't love limiting the independent range of motion of two or more fingers at any given time? Even though this set (by luckydot) is technically separated the illusion remains the same, and who doesn't smile at the iconic image of a pizza-shaped anomaly devouring miscellaneous dots? I feel like it would've been vaguely more fun if the dots were white instead of black, but that's just me.

The second piece I ran across yesterday..

Anyone with the times of the interwebz can immediately recognize what "less than three" really is and if you aren't up on your internet jargons I suggest you google it. Though it was amusing telling my mother that '<3' was a conundrum and made no sense to anyone. Smug me is smug.

The last tidbit I'll share with you is something I came across a few years ago and still to this day aspire to one day make for myself.


The above is a fully functioning NES controller/coffee table/storage chest handmade by Kyle Downes who does a fantastic job of cataloging his design and process. With the right tools it's easily reproducable just by looking at his instructions and I WANT ONE. Alas, I'm not much of a carpenter. Maybe one day..

0 comments:

Post a Comment